Florida Rugby Union
Florida AGM 6/29/14 at 12PM
Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel
- Meeting Called to Order by Kerri O’Malley, President.
- Quorum established by Evan Haigh, Administrator.
- Agenda item number 7 moved to start of meeting. Motion FAU Women, Second Jax Women, unanimous vote.
- Motion to accept Indian River Women by Fort Miami. Second Jax Women. Unanianmous vote.
- Motion to accept Tallahasses Rugby Club into the GU (leaving True South). Motion Gainesville. Second Fort Miami. Majority in favor. St. Petesburg dissent.
- No elections necessary. Two year term. 2015 vote for new directors.
- Motion to all the board to fill resignation of Frank Tito at a later date. Motion Gainesville. Second FAU. Unanimous.
- Termination of inactive clubs: Daytona Women, St. Augustine and Pasco. Motion by Fort Lauderdale. Second by Jacksonville.
- Revision of bylaw. “In the event of a conflict between FRU disciplinary policies and USAR disciplinary policies, or if FRU bylaws or policies are silent then USAR disciplinary policies will govern.” Motion Indian River. Second Jacksonville. Unanimous.
- Committee to review FRU disciplinary policies include Amanda Laber, Roy Monk, and Jane Bolin.
- Meeting called to close. Adjourned 3:15
- Club Management – Jane Bolin
- Coach Education – Evan Haigh
The purpose of the Annual General Meeting is to elect the Board of Directors and otherwise update the Members. Items for New Business must be submitted by Members in good standing, in writing to the Board of Directors no later than 30 days prior to the meeting. The Annual General Meeting shall be conducted as follows – links to reports are provided as hyperlinks follow agenda item:
1. The President will report on the affairs of the Union during the period since the last Annual General Meeting – will be provided in a written report 30 days prior to the meeting, highlights given at the meeting, and open for questions.
2. The Treasurer will report on the financial affairs of the Union during the period since the last Annual General Meeting – will be provided in a written report 30 days prior to the meeting, highlights given at the meeting, and open for questions. – Florida GU Budget May 2014
3. The FRU members shall elect the Directors for the following year
4. The FRU shall address any scheduling issues related to upcoming year, as a whole group or through subcommittee meetings organized by divisions – This will occur in specific break-out sessions for each division – 45′ total time for review and planning
5. The FRU shall address the budget related to upcoming year – 2015 budget – Draft, still in revision
6. The FRU shall consider any new business
- Termination of inactive clubs (added to agenda July 23, 2013) – Kerri O’Malley
- Revision of Discipline Section of by-laws to be consistent with USAR policy (added to Agenda April 18, 2014) – Kerri O’Malley
7. The Members will consider any applications for Union membership by new clubs
8. Review of procedures for confirming and requesting referees – Roy Monk, FRRA – added by Kerri O’Malley April 1, 2014
9. Breakout sessions – Club improvement – 20′ each (added April 1, 2014) by Kerri O’Malley
- Club Management – Jane Bolin
- Coach education – Evan Haigh